POSITION AVAILABLE: THAI CUISINE CHEF
Niseko Gourmet is now recruiting for a Thai Cuisine Chef to join our team during the 2019-2020 winter season.
As a chef with Niseko Gourmet you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of private houses & hotel suites throughout the Niseko area, preparing and serving high end private dining experiences for customers from all over the world. A host will work alongside you to set the table, serve guests and tidy at the end of the meal.
Meals to be prepared by the Thai Cuisine Chef include a meal delivery and dinner, on a basis of booking requests by customers.
For dinner, customers will choose a 5 course Thai Family style menu with the emphasis on fresh and varied ingredients from Hokkaido. Menu is to be created by the chef, with the guidance of Niseko Gourmet management.
What are we looking for?
We expect all our chefs to have a flair for their chosen career and be passionate about cooking. We also expect you to work as a team with your host to ensure your dinners is being presented at the highest standard, and guests are comfortable and enjoying the personal service Niseko Gourmet is renowned for.
- Previous 5 – 10 years’ experience of Thai restaurant or spent studying at an educational institution while majoring in subjects related to Thai cuisine or private catering work required.
- Ability to prepare and serve excellent quality meals within a set budget frame work.
- Be able to work as part of a team and have a flexible approach to your work.
- Be willing to put the needs of the guests first.
- Be reliable, confident and able to work independently.
- Work well under pressure.
- Be well presented and punctual at all times.
- Maintain high standards of kitchen hygiene.
Job Details and Benefits:
- Approximate dates of employment from early December to mid to late March Salary on application. Subsidised Staff accommodation in Kutchan.
- Fully equipped commercial grade kitchen to use for preparation.
- Individual Grand Hirafu ski pass reimbursed at completion of contract.
- Shared use of company vehicles.
- Minimum of one full day off per week. Comprehensive and paid training course.
- Preparation for Thai meal delivery will be paid by working hours.
- Dinner service times from 5:30pm to between 9pm and 10pm. Preparation for dinner and delivery is outside of these hours. Shift times may vary according to guest requirements.
All applicants must have a valid International driver's license and be eligible for a Japanese working visa.
Please attach a cover letter and current photograph (last three months) with your CV and references and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
In your cover letter please give details of any relevant experience to the job including dates and duties performed. Please provide any further information you think is relevant and your reasons for applying for the job.
The more information we have about you the easier it is to process your application.
If your application is successful, you will be requested to an interview conducted by skype with job offers being made shortly after.
We are look forward to hearing from you.