Niseko Gourmet's Fusion menu is presented by Chef Chris Bateman. Chris recently ranked among Australia's top ten chef's in the Australian World Skills Competition and has just completed a stage at David Thompson's restaurant, Nahm in Bangkok, No. 1 restaurant at the S.Pellegrino Asia's 50 Best Restaurants 2014 awards.
When Chris creates a dish he chooses one feature ingredient and adds only a few flavours to extenuate the main element so as not to confuse the plate. Chris says he wants the star of the dish to shine and everything else on the plate to make it shine brighter.
- Hokkaido king crab, avocado, apple, cucumber and apple puree add ¥800
- Makkari pork belly in master stock glaze, mikan, pickled radish salad
- Cured Hokkaido salmon, fennel puree, braised fennel, labna
- Smoked quail with wombok salad add ¥800
- Scallops, soubise, peas and edamame, squid ink tuille
- Quinoa, almonds, strawberries, Mitsuba, lemon, micro herbs, elderflower, chives
- Duck breast, Jerusalem artichoke puree, roast beetroot, burdock, water cress, chocolate almond flake, jus
- Beef fillet, charred shallots, pickled shitake mushrooms, jus add ¥1000
- Lamb loin, negi puree, braised spring onion, Nanohana Rape, jus add ¥1000
- Market fish, soy glaze, julienned salad and bok choy
- Chocolate marquise, white chocolate mousse, raspberry gel, fresh raspberries, hazelnut praline
- Italian meringue, yuzu curd, coconut gel, vanilla crumble, caramelised yuzu rind, micro shiso
- Cinnamon & orange crème brulee, brandy and sesame snaps, vanilla mousse, orange & raisin compote
- Ginger & apple tarte tatin, ginger mousse, fresh apples, lemon gel, lemon balm
- Strawberry & green tea parfait, chocolate biscuit crumble, vanilla mousse, fresh strawberries
¥8,900 Per Person. Minimum spend of 53,400JPY (Includes 8% consumption tax and excludes 10% service charge).